Are you starting a new diet? Or doing some changes to your lifestyle? Then we’re here to help by giving you some healthy recipes to help elevate your lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle will improve both your mental and physical health.
Peach & Pancetta Salad
There’s nothing healthier than a combination of greens and some fruits. You’ll get the nutritional needs from the fruits and vegetables you’re eating; that’s why a good start to elevating your life could be by eating a Peach and Pancetta Salad.
- 200g green lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g flat pancetta
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- Chili flakes
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 small, slicedpeaches
- 1 bunch rocket, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup mint, parsley, &basil
- Goat cheese or Mozzarella
- Heat water in a saucepan to cook lentils and bay leaves. Start with high heat while stirring, then reduce to medium heat and simmer until lentils are cooked for 15-20 minutes. Add cool water, then place aside to cool down.
- Add the pancetta with a tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick panon medium heat. Cook and stir for 15 minutes until the pancetta is crispy.
- Reuse the pan and add the sliced red onions, chili, and thyme. Stir for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to the bowl with lentils. Add vinegar, remaining olive oil, and seasoning. Then add pancetta, peach, rocket, herbs, and your choice of cheese.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
For a healthy lifestyle, a veggie soup will be a good start for a low-calorie meal that will leave you full for hours. Looking for the recipe? Here’s how to perfect it:
Choose Your Vegetables:
- Green beans
- White beans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 cups of broth (chicken or low-sodium vegetable broth)
- ¾teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 teaspoons prepared pesto
- Choose your vegetables and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil into a medium-high heated pan, then place onions, carrots, celery, and green beans. Cook for about 10 minutes till the vegetables soften.
- Add broth, then wait till it boils to reduce heat and stir for 10 more minutes.
- Add your choice of other vegetables and increase the heat until softened. Add a teaspoon of pesto to each served bowl.
If you don’t feel like vegetables, you can always add some protein to your diet. Here’s a recipe for a delicious yet low-calorie dinner to cook for a healthier lifestyle.
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Lemon zest
- The juice of half a small lemon
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 100g sliced broccoli
- 150ml chicken broth
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs chopped thyme
- Add corn flour, soy sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix.
- Add oil to a large frying pan over high heat, then add chicken, capsicum, carrot, and broccoli. Stir for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables soften and the chicken is lightly browned.
- Pour the corn flour mixture into the pan and add the chicken stock and spring onions. Wait till it simmers and reduce heat for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on top and serve with a side of rice (optional).
This is only the start to change your life. Step by step, you’ll be able to achieve your goal if it becomes a habit instead of a chore. So, are you up for the challenge? A healthy lifestyle awaits.