There are several things that need to be considered while designing your new landscaping project. You need to plan it out carefully with the theme, resources, and future additions in mind. To do that, you can hire professionals by searching for “landscape companies near me”. Let’s check out the importance of planning your new landscaping project.
- Detailed Illustration – When you plan for your new landscaping project a lot of things need to be thought out. You have to figure out where different tiles are going to go, how the garden needs to be set up, and figure out other details.
That’s why you need to come up with a detailed illustration of the landscape project before you proceed with the construction. It gives you a clear outlook of how your property may look. Some landscape companies also provide 3D models of your landscape project and that gives you a clearer picture.
- Many options – When you plan your landscape project with landscape companies you don’t just come up with a single plan or layout. Instead, multiple options are available to you. The landscape company and its architects design two or three designs depending on the contractor’s suggestions and your requirements. This allows you to assess and figure out what’s best for you and choose one that’s a perfect balance between budget, luxuries, and practicality.
- Comparative quotations – Even when you get a bunch of designs from a landscape company you don’t need to stick with them. Most landscape companies offer free designs for your landscape project and some charge a very small fee. Either way, you can keep those designs and get quotations from various contractors.
Without a plan, you can’t accurately decide on a contractor or get the best possible deal. However, different contractors have different ways of installation and other methods and that’s why it’s important to check up with them on the details.
- Identify problems – When you plan for your landscape project, you need to think about a lot of things. From the layout of your garden and its existing design to possible arrangements of resources and materials that need to be used. During the planning phase, you’ll come across a lot of problems. It may be a scarcity of certain special pebbles or stones or the complexity of the project.
Sometimes, it has nothing to do with the design, but there are legal regulations that prevent your vision from coming true. All these problems can be identified and automatically pop up when you plan your new landscape project. This allows you to prepare and come up with a solid plan before you proceed with the construction and invest a lot of money. If you don’t have a plan and need to start from scratch due to an avoidable problem, the project cost is going to skyrocket very quickly.
With that out of the way, let’s check out a few things you should consider while planning your landscape design.
- Purpose of the yard – While planning your landscape project, you need to think about the primary purpose of the yard. Who will use your yard and how will they use it? Is your yard primarily for pets and children to play around? Or is it going to become a space for entertaining your guests? When you have identified the primary purpose of the yard, you can introduce elements to serve that purpose.
For instance, if it’s for entertaining guests, your yard would mostly have furniture pieces and hardscapes. On the other hand, if it’s for your pets and kids, it would have more green cover, maybe a tree swing and other such features. If you have a large property, you have the luxury of dividing your yard into several sections and defining them with both ground cover and hardscaping.
When you think about the yard, you also need to think about the maintenance budget. Be realistic and figure out how much time you can dedicate to maintaining your yard. Even if you want to create a green sanctuary for your kids and pets, maintaining trimmed bushes and a lush green lawn takes a lot of time and resources. You can obviously go all out if you have the budget to hire someone for maintaining your yard.
- Link spaces – While planning your new landscape, treat it as one or several outdoor rooms. Your home is defined by carefully planned rooms and how easily one room can be accessed from another. The same needs to happen with your landscape project.
If there’s a patio clearly separated from the garden, you need to figure out a way to link them organically with a path. If you have a sloped property, it becomes very easy with terraced steps. Otherwise, you need to plan out a path made of pebble, wood, or other materials and link them in such a way that they don’t feel out of place.
- Make plants work for you – Plants shouldn’t just be used to beautify your landscape. They should be practical too. For instance, you can use colorful and aromatic plants at the entrance to the backyard so that you and your guests have your senses awakened. You can also use your plants to create physical barriers.
Instead of spending a lot of money on timber for a privacy fence, you can plant plants that grow tall and dense within a tight space. This helps to create a living physical barrier that doesn’t just prevent prying eyes from peeking into your property but also keeps the space cooler. You can also use a lot of native plants in the landscape design to make it more sustainable and attract local wildlife.
There are several benefits of planning your new landscaping project. It can help you provide a detailed image of your landscape and help you identify problems before they pop up. You can search for “landscape companies near me” and hire professionals for the job as well.