Reasons To Call a Refrigerator Repair Specialist
When your refrigerator isn’t working properly, the skilled handyman inside you comes to life and you try to fix it up. You may have a few tools and may have fixed some appliances in the past. However, modern refrigerators are very complex and need the help of an expert who has years of experience fixing similar products. That’s why you should consider calling a refrigerator repair specialist by searching for “refrigerator repair near me”. Let’s figure out why you should call a refrigerator repair specialist:
- Your refrigerator stops working without warning – If your refrigerator stops working out of the blue, the first step is to check if it is plugged in properly. If you have a rolling base under the refrigerator, moving it away from the wall is an easy task. Otherwise, depending on the size of your refrigerator, you may need an extra pair of hands. If the plug is secured to the socket and the refrigerator isn’t running, you should check the cord for any signs of damage. This will help you point the repair specialist towards the problem.
- Weird noises – During normal operation most refrigerators make some noise due to the compressor and evaporator. You can also hear the noise as the refrigerator turns itself on and off to conserve energy. However, high-pitched screeching noises and other such weird noises aren’t common. You may have a problem with the fan. If there is a lot of knocking and banging noises from the refrigerator, it may be due to the ice maker or the compressor. These are complex problems that require the expertise of a professional.
- Things aren’t cool anymore – If your refrigerator fails to keep ingredients cool, it’s a major concern. Check the thermostat to make sure that the settings haven’t been changed. If the temperature is set too high, you should turn the dial in the opposite direction or use the touch panel to change the refrigerator settings and wait for a few hours. There should be some improvement now, otherwise, there may be numerous reasons behind the problem. If it’s due to frosted evaporator coils, you need to locate the coils at the back of the fridge and use a hair dryer to warm them up to melt the ice. If the thermostat or compressor is damaged, you need the help of an expert.
- Your food is being frozen – Veggies, milk cartons, and other items inside the refrigerator compartment should remain chilled and unfrozen. If that’s not the case, the thermostat might be the culprit. It may be an accidental bump to the thermostat dial that turned the temperature down too low. If changing the temperature doesn’t work, you need to call an expert.
- A puddle under the fridge – A puddle of water under the fridge or inside it isn’t a good sign. You may have clogged your defrost drain. This may seem like a minor issue, like a leaking air conditioner, but it isn’t something to be ignored. The leaking water may damage your cabinet and flooring and it can also cause electrical problems inside the refrigerator and lead to a fire hazard. You’re lucky if you have a side-by-side refrigerator. That allows you to clean the defrost pipe yourself. Other top-mounted and bottom freezer refrigerator owners don’t have that privilege. In that case, you have to call a refrigerator repair specialist.
Apart from scenarios where you can’t troubleshoot the problem by yourself, there are other reasons to leave the job of refrigerator repair to the specialists.
- Keep your food safe – When your refrigerator stops working you have a small window to act quickly. Keep the refrigerator unopened and it will keep the food cold for about four hours. Freezer compartments can do a better job and keep things cool for one or two days. That means the ingredients in your refrigerator are at risk of getting spoiled if you aren’t fast enough. If you waste that short window in figuring out what’s the problem and brute force your way through them, you may end up with spoiled food that fills your refrigerator with a foul smell. On the other hand, calling the repair specialist takes a few minutes and he or she can reach your home within less than an hour to get your refrigerator fixed as quickly as possible. This is crucial, especially if you have expensive medicine like insulin shots, injections, and other such items in your refrigerator.
- Convenience and Safety – A repair specialist doesn’t have to rely on luck or online videos to get your fridge fixed. They have years of experience under the belt to quickly locate the problem and come up with a solution. If you subscribe to a repair program of the refrigerator manufacturer, they will have the specialized tools and knowledge to fix your model and have easier access to parts that need to be replaced. You don’t have to go through the hassle. A small fee can save you a whole world of trouble, frustration, and stress.
The repair specialists also get the proper training for fixing your refrigerator. They are assessed on their skills and are issued a license relevant to their job. That means they have to follow the safety protocols strictly and make sure that your refrigerator is fixed. On the other hand, untrained hands can cause many safety problems while fixing the fridge that may cause accidents, fires, and more.
- Quality – As mentioned above, refrigerator repair experts know what they are doing. There is no guesswork or a stroke of luck to fix the problem. That’s why they can deal with the origin of the problem and prevent any underlying issues that may pop up in the future.
Now that you know the benefits and advantages of getting your refrigerator fixed by a refrigerator repair specialist, you may want to keep your tools reserved for some other event. For now, it’s best to search for “refrigerator repair near me” and hire professionals to get the job done.